So we decided to leave early, around 10:00, and do the whole drive in one day.
I didn't take any pictures, and we didn't have any real adventures, but here's a run-down of what we did Saturday:
- Checked out of the Hampton Inn around 9:45, and went down to the beach to feed the remaining cat food to the seagulls, who were sorry to hear we were leaving.
- Stopped in Fort Deposit, AL, at the Priester's Pecans store (a tradition that goes back nearly a decade for us). We decided not to have lunch there, but looked around for a while, bought some divinity, rum pecans, and assorted candy for the kids.
- Ate lunch at a Cracker Barrel east of Montgomery.
- Tried to find the Books-A-Million in Lagrange, GA, but couldn't. (I now know it's actually a Bookland, but since that's not what we were looking for, we didn't find it.)
- Had coffee and a cinnamon roll at the Starbucks in Lagrange.
It's nice to be home, but also kind of sad that the vacation is over. Still, I'm glad we went, and look forward to our next vacation.